Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What?!? My kids like mashed potatoes?

I know it seems silly, but I have never been able to get the kids to eat mashed potatoes. Granted, I have issues with making mashers, but all that has changed thanks to my recently acquired (read: spent too much $$ for) food mill. I have to get dinner made ahead of time tonight and, due to the marinara and ground beef for meatballs not thawing adequately, I decided to go with some leftover turkey/pork meatloaf, mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. I made the mashers and brussel sprouts during the little one's nap so it can all be reheated at dinner. But the girls ate so much of the mashed potatoes that there aren't many left for daddy! (Maybe they were so good because I added a lot of butter and half-n-half???) I even got the little one to eat a brussel sprout! Yippee!

No comments: