Thursday, October 23, 2008

I failed!


I wish I had some great green or foodie story today, but I pretty much failed on all attempts! Here's what our day's food looked like:

Breakfast
Little one: oatmeal, brown sugar, milk
Bigger one: cereal, milk
Me: coffee (I forgot the "food" part of breakfast)

Lunch - the most embarrassing part!
McDonald's....between the 3 of us we polished off a plain double cheeseburger, 10 chicken nuggets and an order of fries. I also picked up a mocha at a local coffee shop. My excuse for this horrible, in all ways, lunch is that we had to leave straight from my daughter's school to go to the airport and I was not organized enough to pack a decent roadtrip lunch for us all. I did pack heavy snacks...multi-grain crackers, pears, apples, roasted pumpkin seeds, nuts, etc. but, of course, those got mainly untouched in favor of the McDs.

Dinner
Kids: whole wheat spaghetti with butter
Us: Crockpot lentil soup (as we were gone all day). This was a new recipe and I thought it was pretty uninspiring. So much so that I am not posting it and don't plan to repeat it. Luckily we had 2 bowls of the coconut black rice pudding left (of which I claimed the larger one) and my mom brought back some fresh caramel corn with peanuts that I finished off the bag of.

Let's hope for a better day tomorrow!

No comments: