Sunday, October 26, 2008

A week without Starbucks....will I survive?




So it has become part of my almost-daily ritual to stop at a local coffee shop, whether it be Starbucks, Java Crew or another joint. Due to a combination of lack of sleep and an overscheduled life, it has become systematic to have my pot of coffee in the morning at home, then stop for a mocha pick-me-up and often times finish up the afternoon with another small pot at home. This is definitely adding up -- both money wise and calorie wise. SO, it is my goal of this week to go without any coffee beverages that are not made in my home (so I can make coffee and mochas still, it's not the point to go without! The one exception to this is if I am meeting a friend or attending a function that is at a coffee shop, I can indulge then, but only then!) DH wanted to stop at Starbucks today so we went and split a Venti Caramel Macchiato. This will be the last one for a while....sigh!

No comments: