Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9th - DAY NINE


Today's dinner was a work in progress....it morphed twice as I was making it from what I had intended....really, the only thing that stayed the same was that I used a pack of halibut fillets from the freezer and a bit of leftover homemade coconut milk. First I intended to make a new recipe, a Thai-inspired halibut dish from the Ellie Krieger Cookbook, but I decided it was too similar to our soup last night (which only rated in the "OK" category to me). Then I was going to just poach the halibut in the coconut milk, but as I went to do that there didn't seem to be enough liquid, so I diced up my last frozen tomato and added it to the pan. I then poached the fish and added 1/2 of a delicata squash that I had previously baked, diced up. It seemed to be missing something then, so I added a healthy amount (read: spicy!!) of Penzey's hot curry powder. I am serving it over a bed of brown rice (previously cooked, from the freezer). It is really quite delicious!

**Upon eating a few bites of the dish as I typed the above, I decided I was a little too heavy-handed with the curry spices...I shall be adding a bit of plain yogurt to cool it down a bit and make the sauce creamy**

As a side, not in the photo, I did a saute of zuchinni, mushrooms, tomato and onion.

No comments: