Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4th - DAY FOUR



First: I need to stop grocery shopping or I am going to defeat the whole purpose of this month, which is to decrease the amount of food in my freezer/pantry! I go into the store for one lousy thing that I forgot yesterday and I come out with a whole bag of goodies....all the greek yogurts, I finally found quinoa flakes, the avocados that were on sale.....it goes on and on! Yesterday my grocery shopping splurges included the above cheese, which I declare is the best blue cheese I have ever tasted. It's one of those cheeses that you shouldn't smell though! Whew! I bought it once and vowed I would never spend that much on it again, but I keep coming back to it because it really makes the other blues seem very inferior!

Tonight our dinner meal is going to consist of a couple pork chops from the freezer (the pack I had pulled out to thaw actually had 3 in it, so that's why we had a pork sweet and sour stir fry last night) I found a breaded pork chop recipe that used bread crumbs, shallots, garlic, thyme and a couple other herbs, so I am going to do that and bake them up. I am also going to roast some brussel sprouts and potatoes (both from our Organics to You delivery) and we are going to have a salad with lettuce from the OTY bin, some pecans that I carmelized with sugar last night, sliced fresh pear and that fabulous Oregon Blue cheese from Rouge Creamery.

No comments: