Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3rd - DAY THREE

Well, good thing that I got a head start on dinner prep for tonight LAST night, because this day has not turned out like I thought it would! The main reason is that my littlest one has an atrocious cough (that kept me up intermittently all night and from 3 am on....) So, we did not attend our regularly scheduled events today (instead running such errands as Costco and getting squirrel food to keep her occupied) and this afternoon we shall be visiting the dr's office to check and make sure that her cough isn't due to anything other than the pesky cold she has had for going on 3 weeks now.

So, on to dinner.....tonight's plan is a sweet and sour pork stir-fry. Last night I prepped all the veggies: bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, fresh pineapple, etc. and have a pork chop in the fridge thawing. When we get home I'll slice up the pork, brown it in the skillet, add the veggies and stir in a jar of homemade sweet and sour sauce. It will be served over brown rice, which is already prepared and in the fridge. Sure hope it's good!

2 comments:

Hennifer said...

I am so saddened to hear about every mom I know it seems having little ones with a cough/cold or having it themselves.

Hope everyone is feeling better. Stir fry sounds yummy! Must get to grocery store.

Jessica said...

Yeah, there are a couple of really nasty viruses going around. I think we may be following the trend my kids have of getting better the day AFTER I take them to the dr's office. Let's hope for the best!