Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6th - DAY SIX



Day two of no school for my oldest due to her being sick. This has NEVER happened before, so it is quite unexpected that she would be home again today. Her fever has dropped from "scary high" to "low grade" but she hasn't been able to keep any food down for the last 2 days, so there is no way she is fit to go anywhere. She layed in her bed or the couch bed yesterday and didn't move other than going to the bathroom. I had hoped today would be better, but we'll see....

As a result, I have lowered my expectations on cooking today and will be using a new pack of my heirloom beans (www.ranchogordo.com), Vallarta, I think...and serving them with some sauteed red chard (from Organics to You) and possibly some cornbread if I get around to making some....Oh, and a zuchinni dish of some sort. The Navajo Stew will have to wait yet another day!

No comments: