Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wonderful World of Sprouting



After a brief conversation with one of my brother-in-laws over the holidays, I was inspired to try sprouting again. (For history, I have only sprouted a couple things over the years, and while both were a success I just didn't continue for some reason.) So, it was serendipitious that while I was at our local natural foods store stocking up today I spotted some little sprouting screens with instructions and jars (regular mason type) on display....so for under $5 I'm going to give it another try! Also, they had a whole section (albiet small section) of bulk seeds/legumes that were specifically labelled for sprouting. I got a small baggie of both the sandwich mix and the salad mix - they look tasty. We'll be down at my parents for New Year's, but I'll get them going when we return!

(Oh, and it turns out that the sprouting screen is from a local company...even better!)

1 comment:

NL Brouwer said...

How big are the holes? They look small.

I bet you can get a similar screen made out of plastic, at least at a hardware store.