Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally, a brown rice-fried rice that works



Here's the recipe I used (which is sure to be a repeater and can easily vary the veggies....I adapted the recipe from this site http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2007/08/brown-rice.html) here's my version:

Veggie Fried Rice (with Brown Rice!)


2 tsp olive oil
1 egg, lightly scrambled
1/4 cup diced mixed vegetables -- onion and red pepper
1/4 cup carrots and corn
1 cup cooked brown rice, any variety, chilled
1 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Heat the oil in a wok over highest heat, and add the egg and vegetables, and stir. Add rice, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and salt and pepper, and stir for 1 minute; the sauce should be absorbed and the rice grains should be separate. Add the sesame oil, toss, and serve hot. Reheats well too!

I served it with my mock PF Chang's lettuce wraps (with cabbage as the wrapper)

No comments: