Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Laptop Lunch Frenzy Begins



My kiddos got Laptop Lunchboxes for Christmas and they couldn't have been more thrilled! My 5 year old danced around the room and declared emphatically that she needed this because she is going to start having lunch at school. Her 2 year old sister jumped up and shouted "I needed it TOO!" I asked the 2 year old why she needed it and she looked perplexed, shrugged her shoulders and simply stated "I JUST needed it!" Who can argue with such impecable logic? Simply stated, I often "just need" things too!

You can check out these little creations at http://www.laptoplunches.com/ and see them put to great use (although much more creatively than I am sure I will be!) at http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Next week the actual school lunches start, so I wanted to do a trial run with said lunchboxes this week to make sure, among other things, that my child could actually open it when she was at school! Attached is a photo of some things from the fridge that I threw together for lunch today -- it's whole wheat penne with homemade marinara, pear slices, baby carrots, 2 late July crackers sandwiched together with nut butter, and yogurt in the dip cup, as this was the item that they were both most excited about). They were both SO excited to eat out of their lunchboxes.

No comments: