Friday, January 9, 2009

Vegan with a Vengeance



Another holiday present was the above book and, let me tell you, I am in love with it. In addition to all the yummy sounding recipes the author has spunk and it is conveyed in her writing and quips. It's a fun book to read (and, yes, I love to read cookbooks!)

I had to try out a recipe ASAP, but since my week's menu was already planned and my husband is out of town next week (so we will be dining on "staples") it ended up being a dessert that I tried first. Recipe for Rasberry-Chocolate Blondie Bars. I had never made Blondies before, but this recipe is definitely a keeper! It especially appealed to me as my husband's favorite is raspberry anything and I just happen to have a plethora of home-canned raspberry preserves from this summer and a bag of dark chocolate Ghiradelli chips just waiting to be used!

Here is the unappetizing looking picture of the remaining row of cookie bars. But, trust me, they really are delicious, although next time I will try cutting back on the sugar and replacing the oil with applesauce.

No comments: