Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3 and 4 of lunch



Lesson learned: NO EGGS IN LUNCHBOX! Although I know it wasn't spoiled, as my youngest had the same lunch and ate it just fine, my school aged child said that the egg "tasted bad" and she refused to eat it. Fluke or not, it appeared she hadn't eaten much else in the lunch either!




Hoping for a better day tomorrow, I made a fresh batch of pumpkin muffins (my kids' favorite....an adaptation from Ellie Kreiger's recipe)....in the closed container is some homemade applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar and the flower shaped sandwich is filled with cheese. The slices of wheat bread were the last 2 from the loaf I made this weekend and are rather thick, so hopefully it will be okay!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Daughter has declared that the flower shaped cheese sandwich was the best lunch yet and asked for it again the next day. I think we've found a winner!