Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Ice Cream

As I have an abundance of frozen pumpkin puree I'm going to be trying out a lot of new recipes in the coming months! Here's one I am churning as I type.....

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups pumpkin purée
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp brandy

Method
1 Put the pumpkin puree, sugar, spices, and salt in a blender. Purée until smooth. Slowly add the cream, a little at a time, pulsing after each addition. Chill for 15 minutes (or longer, this part you can make ahead).

2 If you are using brandy, mix it in to the cream mixture right before churning. Churn in your ice cream machine 20 to 25 minutes. Keep in freezer until served.


I'm hoping to make some gingersnaps to serve with this ice cream as I think with that and a dollop of fresh whipped cream it is going to be delicious!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Well, the ice cream base was apparently not cold enough so the ice cream is still liquid after 20 minutes of churning. Oh well! I'll refrigerate it and freeze the other base to the ice cream make (I have 2) and churn it again tomorrow right before we eat it!