Monday, November 17, 2008

A-DONG


I had a day full of errands with my little one, while my bigger one was at school today. It included Costco (lots of cheese....oh, and a new cookbook that I am very excited about....A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen by Jack Bishop -- it looks great and is organized by season, which I am really into lately) then we went to the local Asian market (A-Dong). I hadn't been there in many years and it was quite an experience. It can best be described as a dingy 7-11 type joint atmosphere, except that all the labels are in different Asian languages and there is a HUGE assortment of frozen sea creatures that resemble eyeballs of varying shapes and sizes. I did, however, get all the obscure items on my list and a couple "extras" including tapioca that I get to figure out what to do with!

2 comments:

Hennifer said...

As in Jack Bishop from America's Test Kitchen? If so I am on my way to Costco now :)

Jessica said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! The one and the same! I know better to look at the books at Costco (I always end up with something....)