Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Penzey's Spices



I finally made it to our local (read 1 hour away....) Penzey's Spices store. For those of you not familiar with it, I highly recommend checking out their website if you are looking to get totally lost in the wonderful world of spices. I have been ordering from Penzey's for a while now but have never made it to the actual real-life store....only catalog and web ordering up to now. Well, that all changed. My daughter had a birthday party which happened to be very near the spice store. I was restrained though and only bought what I needed....with the exception of a very large bag of very delicious crystalized ginger. I was excited to not pay shipping (although to offset the fact you have to pay shipping, the company always puts in a free spice blend jar, which is really great!) I know I'll be going back soon, if for nothing else, to smell all the spices and let the kids color at the little coloring nook they have so thoughtfully set up!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I forgot to add that they have THE BEST cinnamon I have ever tasted....mmmm.....

Hennifer said...

This is funny. I swear I've read a recipe recently where they were swearing by Penzey's. I'd never heard of them before now. I will definitely be checking them out. When I moved last year I threw out all my spices, most were so outdated it isn't even funny.

now I'm always in a pinch because I got to cook things and realize I'm out.